Church Canceled due to Coronavirus
For your safety, church services are canceled until further notice. We will resume services when it is safe to do so. For the time being, all our small groups have been canceled.
New Life members are grabbing family and friends to help out for Operation Orange, the sixth annual 24-hour volunteer event at the Akron-Canton Foodbank. New Life’s shift is Friday, September 7, 2018 from 9-11 P.M. If you want to join in this worthy effort for hunger relief, contact the church at 330-699-3554.
New Life has participated in this event for several years. It’s a meaningful service project that is great for both adults and children.
For Volunteers! Information from the Foodbank:
Before volunteering with the Foodbank, each individual volunteer must have an active volunteer application on file and log in to the Volunteer Information Center to sign up for our group’s specific shift.
Returning volunteers must simply log in to our Volunteer Information Center to schedule their Operation Orange volunteer shift.
New volunteers must create an account to our Volunteer Information Center by completing an Adult Volunteer Application (age 18+) or a Youth Volunteer Application (age 10-17).
How to sign up:
If you have not volunteered with the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank before, you will first need to complete a Volunteer Application.
- Adult Volunteer Application
- Youth Volunteer Application (ages 10-16 volunteering with an adult)
Once you have completed the application, please log in to the Volunteer Information Center.
After logging in, you will select the brown SIGN-UP button.
- Select the date that is listed above for our group. You will see a HELP WANTED call out.
- Our group name is listed as New Life Episcopal.
- Once you find our group name and time, select SCHEDULE ME.
Welcome to your foodbank:
- The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is located at the corner of Dart Avenue and Opportunity Parkway off OH-59 near downtown Akron. The address is 350 Opportunity Parkway, Akron, OH 44307.
- When you arrive, please look for parking signs and/or attendants that will direct you to appropriate parking spaces. The entrance to the building will be marked with bright orange balloons and a tent.
What to wear:
- You are encouraged to wear orange, the color of hunger relief.
- Beginning on August 13, 2018, please stop by your Foodbank and make a $10 donation to receive an Operation Orange t-shirt.
- Safety is our priority!
- Please note that open-toed shoes and jewelry are not permitted in our warehouse when handling food. Comfortable shoes are recommended as you may be on your feet the entire time.
- Please leave all personal belongings at home or locked in your vehicle.
Join us in helping to bring hunger relief to our community!