The first day of school for most Lake Local students is August 17. (Kindergarten students begin the following week.) Lake schools are beginning the school year early, although their start date is not the earliest in the county.
One of New Life’s outreach projects is collecting school supplies for the children. Many stores have sales on school supplies at good prices during the Summer. We can take advantage of that and gather supplies to help families that cannot afford to buy all the supplies their children need.
The School Ingathering takes place at the church service on August 13. We will ask God to bless the school supplies, the children and their families, and the adults who work with them. The supplies will be delivered to the schools in the following days.
2017 Lake Local Schools Supplies Shopping List
- folders: sturdy plastic/vinyl folders (twin pocket with and without prongs in red, blue, yellow, green, orange, and purple)
- three-ring binders (1 or 1.5 inch) with plastic sleeve on the cover in red, blue, yellow, green, and orange
- scissors (kid’s metal/children’s Fiskars)
- bottles of white glue
- small and large glue sticks (white)
- sharpened pencils
- pink gum eraser
- Black Sharpie markers
- highlighters (any color)
- Expo dry eraser board markers (low odor)
- boxes of crayons (24 count)
- packs of colored pencils (12 basic colors)
- Post-It Notes
- Crayola Fat Markers
- soft lunch box/art pouches
- spiral notebooks (1 subject, wide rule)
- pens – blue and red
- loose leaf wide-ruled paper